Friday, September 17, 2010

Dad and Brain Surgery

So, there has been a lot going on this week. Dad had another angiogram on Tuesday and the doctors did see an very small aneurysm they wanted to fix. So, Friday morning dad will undergo brain surgery. They plan to take him to pre-op around 6am and the surgery will be at least 4 hours. Dad will be in ICU for a day or so and then in the hospital recovering for up to a week. Please be praying with us tomorrow morning for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

(Photo courtesy of dad's coworker, James)

**UPDATE** SEP 10 8:30AM
Heard from mom this morning that they delayed the surgery for a few hours to rule out some shoulder pain dad was having from being anything more serious. I'll try and update here throughout the day. Thank you again for continuing to pray with us.

**UPDATE** SEP 11 2:15PM
I'm currently sitting in the Neuro ICU with my dad. He doses off every once in a while. He is doing great today after having surgery yesterday afternoon. He is up in a recliner today and has quite an appetite. He even asked for a chocolate malt with his lunch (and the nurses gave the okay). Hopefully, he'll be out of the ICU by the end of the weekend and out of the hospital by the end of the week. He got some recovery ahead of him. Please continue to pray with us for a quick(er) and healthy recovery. Thanks!

**UPDATE** SEP 12 8:15PM
Dad is out of the ICU and into a normal recovery room. He is very excited to be out of there and can't wait to get released to go home. I check back tomorrow for a room # or telephone # to my dad. Thanks for your continued prayers.

**UPDATE** SEP 13 10:25PM
Got to visit with my dad a bit today and Carissa finally got to see him too. He was doing well enough they're even letting him start getting out of him room on his own (with a wheel chair at this point). We went down to the lobby to watch Carissa throw some coins in the water fountain together. My parents and the doctor are shooting to get released by Thursday. Please be praying that can happen. Until then, feel free to call my dad (I think they transfer calls from 11am-8pm) 314-362-5460 and ask for Room #10575.

**UPDATE** SEP 17 7:15AM
Dad was released and was home by last night. We are so excited and praise God that his recovery had gone so well and so quickly. He still has some time at home that he is supposed to rest but he and mom were both ready to get out of the hospital. It was only a week ago today that he had his surgery. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers.

No comments: